Wednesday, August 4, 2010









Vivienne Petersen 


I am very passionate about the arts in all shapes and forms. I would love to paint for a living as this is where my great passion lies. However, as this is not yet possible, I try and paint fabulous pictures with my food. Being a full time chef, I draw so much inspiration from my surrounds as I live on a beautiful farm, situated on the West Coast.

I try and bring this beauty across onto my plates, which have inadvertently become my canvasses. Unfortunately, these are consumed, so for more permanence, I paint in my leisure time, portraying the same beauty onto canvas. I am in awe by all the great artists past and present, and in their honour, to me, to complete a painting, is a very humbling experience indeed!



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
" Going Home"
 
 
 
 
 
 
                                                                 "Low Tide"




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Poppies"
 
 
 
 
 
 

"The Mills"




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Sunflowers"